[TFN-announce] Toronto Free-Net recent connection problems

TFN Executive Director execdir@torfree.net
Thu, 4 Sep 2003 07:42:05 -0400 (EDT)

We are sorry for the recent connection problems. The source was traced at
3:00 pm Tuesday to a single bad cable at our bandwidth supplier.

This was the first significant break in service in over three years (if
you don't count the recent 2 day blackout that is!)

We will be adding 4 days to the expiry date for "Plus" Account level
members to compensate for these two incidents.

TFN continues the ongoing process of making its systems more stable and
reliable. Rather than relying on a single bandwidth supplier we are in the
process of securing more back-up resources with the help of Peer1 Networks
(www.Peer1.net) in order to safeguard your connectivity.

Thank you for your patience and support.

Ken McCracken
Executive Director
Toronto Free-Net