[TFN-announce] Upgrading Your Account

TFN Executive Director execdir@torfree.net
Thu, 30 May 2002 08:18:26 -0400 (EDT)

Toronto Free-Net is in the last stages of implementing its new tiered
services plan. Thank-you to all members who have already upgraded! By
sharing the costs together, we can continue to be a resource for everyone.

We have given members an extra week to upgrade from Basic level
access which allows two 10 minute sessions per day and .5 Megabytes of
file storage. In your web browser, see the link "Memberships: New and
Upgrading" at www.torfree.net for more information on the various accounts
available.

BASIC ACCOUNTS: For the past week, all members who have not upgraded have
been given 70 minutes a day with maximum session lengths of 30 minutes. On
May 30th, we will be reducing access to two 20 minute sessions. On June
3rd we will set Basic accounts to two 10 minute sessions.

If you are unable to contribute at the $5 per month level, you may still
donate by sending your cheque (with userid) to:

         Toronto FreeNet, Inc.
         600 Bay Street, Suite 406,
         Toronto, Ontario
         Canada, M5G 1M6

Telling people you know about Toronto Free-Net is another way you can help
us. Thanks so much for supporting community networking in Toronto.

Ken McCracken
Executive Director
Toronto Free-Net

PLEASE NOTE: When most of our lines are busy, our timing software requires
you to wait at least 2 minutes before reconnecting after a session
disconnect. If you continually redial without waiting, you will not be
able to reconnect.