MacOS 10.2 - dialup configuration
To start the OS 10.2 Setup Assistant:
- Open the Hard Drive.
- Open the System folder.
- Open the Library folder.
- Open the Core Services folder.
- Double click the Setup Assistant icon.
If you are unable to locate the Setup Assistant, click here for instructions to manually setup your Dialup account.
When the Setup Assistant opens, select I'll use my existing Internet service and click Continue.
Select Telephone Modem and click Continue.
- Enter your FreeNet username and password into the appropriate fields. Your username should be lowercase with no spaces. You do not need to put the '@torfree.net' part.
- Type in the Toronto FreeNet dialup number into the ISP Phone Number box.
- Enter the appropriate information for the Dialing Prefix and Call Waiting options.
- Click Continue.
Select your Modem and modem connection from the menus and click Continue.
When prompted for .Mac information, select the option that you wish and click Continue.
Your Dialup connection should now be setup. Click Go to finish.